The GPS Alliance administers and identifies internal and external funding to support a variety of global initiatives.
Funding for Faculty and Staff
International Travel Grants
International Travel Grants are funded by the University of Minnesota central administration to support the internationalization of the University on all campuses through research, teaching, and outreach.
Iceland-Minnesota Travel Fund
The Carol Pazandak Iceland-Minnesota Travel Fund supports faculty and staff from the University of Iceland who propose a visit to the University of Minnesota for the purpose of consulting, visits, or research.
Fulbright Scholar Awards for Faculty and Professionals
The GPS Alliance is the campus representative for the Fulbright Scholar Awards for Faculty and Professionals. Graduate students should contact the UMN Graduate School Fellowship Office for information on Fulbright awards.
Other Funding Opportunities
- Office of the Vice President for Research Funding Information
- Sign up to receive the OVPR's UMN Research newsletter
- Center for Global Health and Social Responsibility grants and awards
- UMN Sustainable Development Goals Initiative research grants program
- UMN Libraries funding and grants resources
- China Center Visiting Scholars Initiative
Funding for Students
The purpose of the Fulbright program is to increase mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries through the exchange of persons, knowledge, and skills. Students pursuing a graduate degree at the University of Minnesota must apply through the UMN Graduate School Fellowship Office.