University policy requires special permission from the University’s International Travel Risk Assessment and Advisory Committee (ITRAAC) prior to travel in specific circumstances for students and faculty/staff leading students abroad.
Students traveling to countries designated as a Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2 that also have a Regional Travel Advisory Level 3 or 4 (check your destination) must have their travel reviewed in advance. Any itinerary that involves travel into a Level 3 or 4 location, whether from a country-wide Travel Advisory or a Regional Travel Advisory, will also require ITRAAC approval.
Travelers who have no intention of visiting a location designated as Level 3 or 4 by a Regional Travel Advisory within a country designated as a Level 1 or 2 may request an expedited review.
Expedited Review Process
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
Basic itinerary details:
- Dates of international travel
- Destination(s) including city and country
- You have reviewed the Travel Advisories for any and all countries to which you are traveling
- You understand you are restricted from entering Level 3 or 4 locations
- You are required to either register travel through the Student International Travel Registry or work with the Education Abroad office on you campus to complete application requirements for an affiliated or nonaffiliated program
Any itinerary changes that include travel into a Level 3 or 4 location will require advance ITRAAC approval.
For questions about the Expedited Review Process, contact email@example.com.
Scope of Approval
This approval is specific to the location and dates outlined in the itinerary described as part of the expedited review and does not authorize travel to any other Travel Advisory Level 3 or 4 countries or regions for either personal or University-purpose travel.