Information for Students

We have curated some frequently requested information and resources for students related to the work of the GPS Alliance and our units.

Not seeing what you need? Contact

Expand all

Where can I learn about study abroad opportunities?

You should start with the Education Abroad office on your campus:

Where can I get support and assistance as an international student?

You should start with the international student office on your campus:

Where can I find information about international travel and University requirements?

The International Health, Safety, and Compliance team provides information and resources to help ensure all travelers are prepared and educated about safe and healthy travel abroad. Topics include the requirements around registering your travel and obtaining insurance, locations with advisories or sanctions/export controls, what to do in an emergency, and more. See the International Travel section of this website.

The GPS Alliance operates the UMN Passport Office on the Twin Cities campus. The Duluth campus also operates a U.S. Passport Facility

Where can I get support and assistance as an immigrant, refugee, or undocumented student?

The University's Immigration Response Team seeks to ensure that all faculty, staff, and students who are affected by immigration policy changes have access to resources and support.

Where can I find funding to support international activities?

See our Funding page and also check with your college or department.