Cuba Travel

Sanctions Requirements

Travel to Cuba is regulated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Faculty, staff, and students wishing to visit Cuba must consult the University’s Export Controls Officer and Designated Cuba Representative, who will assist in determining whether a specific license from OFAC is required and in obtaining one as appropriate.

The University’s Export Controls Officer and Designated Cuba Representative can also answer any questions or concerns regarding export controls which may apply to your travel to Cuba.

University's International Travel Requirements

  • As with all international travel, faculty and staff planning to visit Cuba are required to register their travel through the University's Travel Registry.
  • In addition, travelers to Cuba are required to purchase additional international travel, heath, and security insurance (known as CISI) through the Travel Registry.
  • Students, including graduate assistants, residents, and fellows, traveling to Cuba are required to obtain health insurance and complete a release and waiver.