What is the Global Spotlight?
Global Spotlight is the Global Programs and Strategy Alliance’s program that supports international scholarly initiatives at the University and highlights the research of faculty who work to address the world's issues, inspire new research, and advance the University's global impact.
The goals of the program are to:
- highlight existing strengths of the University
- build on cross-border and cross-disciplinary relationships
- educate and inform the University and local community
- identify and provide funding for targeted research and other scholarly initiatives
- increase the University’s visibility and stature around the world
The GPS Alliance will plan and sponsor symposia, conferences, lectures, films, and cultural events to educate and inform the University and local community about the University’s work in the global research and activities. While sponsored by the GPS Alliance, the initiative is designed to engage the entire University community, including all five campuses.
The grants programs supports targeted research and scholarly initiatives related to the Global Spotlight themes. The 2014 grants program has been awarded. There will be no grants offered for 2015. Please check back for further funding opportunities for 2016.