International Education Week
November 17-21, 2014
International Education Week is an annual celebration during which University of Minnesota colleges, campuses, and student groups plan events and activities to highlight the University's support of international education.
About International Education Week
International Education Week was first declared by the U.S. Departments of State and Education in 2000 as part of their effort to encourage policies and programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study in the U.S.
In 2013, International Education Week at the University of Minnesota included more than 20 events. This year, colleges and offices are once again planning receptions, seminars, brown bag sessions, and other events to highlight the University's support of international education.
The Global Programs and Strategy Alliance has a leadership role in supporting and publicizing these events. The GPS Alliance will provide limited matching funds to colleges and campuses to support events.
2014 Calendar of Events
Award for Global Engagement Ceremony (by invitation only)
Ceremony to celebrate the 2014 recipients of the Award for Global Engagement, which is given to faculty and staff members in recognition of outstanding contributions to global education and international programs at the University or in their field or discipline.
Pending available funding, the GPS Alliance will provide a limited amount of matching funds to colleges, campuses, and student groups to support International Education Week events. Generally, only one award will be provided per college/campus.
Requesting matching funds
1. Obtain approval from your college/campus/unit representative on the International Programs Council.
2. Submit an email to Rachel Peterson, GPS Alliance, with the following information:
- Name of department, unit, college, campus, or group requesting funds
- Name and email address of accountant
- EFS account number where the funds should be sent
- Brief description of event and how the matching funds will be used
- Statement that you have discussed the request with your IPC representative
3. Submit information about your event to be included on the events calendar.