International Education Week
November 14-18, 2016
International Education Week is an annual celebration during which University of Minnesota colleges, campuses, and student groups plan events and activities to highlight the University's support of international education.
About International Education Week
International Education Week was first declared by the U.S. Departments of State and Education in 2000 as part of their effort to encourage policies and programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study in the U.S.
This year, colleges and offices are once again planning receptions, seminars, brown bag sessions, and other events to highlight the University's support of international education.
The Global Programs and Strategy Alliance has a leadership role in supporting and publicizing these events. The GPS Alliance will provide limited matching funds to colleges and campuses to support events.
2016 Calendar of Events
Submit information about your event so it can be included on the International Education Week calendar.
Pending available funding, the GPS Alliance will provide a limited amount of matching funds to colleges, campuses, and student groups to support International Education Week events. Generally, only one award will be provided per college/campus.
Requesting matching funds
1. Obtain approval from your college/campus/unit representative on the International Programs Council.
2. Submit an email to email@example.com, GPS Alliance, with the following information:
- Name of department, unit, college, campus, or group requesting funds
- Name and email address of accountant
- EFS account number where the funds should be sent
- Brief description of event and how the matching funds will be used
- Statement that you have discussed the request with your IPC representative
3. Submit information about your event to be included on the events calendar.